Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Do Something" Day 31 - The In Between Times

I thought it was only fitting to share a devotion that I wrote for our home church in Las Vegas. They offer a Lenten devotional, written by the members of this church. Today just happened to be mine. Enjoy!

Blessings be with you...



Wednesday, March 28 Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19

Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. (v. 2) NIV

I think one can say that when great things happen in our lives, we praise God. We thank him over and over and tell God how great he is to us. What about the not so great things? The struggles and obstacles, the times when we are simply tired of fighting. Do we then praise God and thank him for that opportunity to learn and grow from that experience? I would say not many people do.

During a Bible study for moms that I was involved with a while back, I remember reading in a chapter about the challenges of life, “Every time you face a challenge whether great or small, look at it as an opportunity to trust and thank God.” That small sentence in a 260 page book was so profound to me, that even in the craziest, loudest (I’m referring to my children), and most unfair moments in my life, God is the one to be there at any hour to comfort my pain and he is being thanked for that opportunity to trust him.

Give thanks to the Lord for answered prayers and give thanks for the in-between times too.

Amazing God, thank you for all the love you have for us and thank you for your mercy and grace when we fall short. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment