Saturday, March 10, 2012

"Do Something" Day 16 - Silence

A moment of silence is something the rarely occurs in my life, unless I am sleeping. Conscious silence is definitely unheard of. Have you ever just remained quiet for a long period of time? What did you think of? How did you feel after you broke the silence?
Today, has been that rare occurrence where I haven't spoken a word in over an hour, except for when the phone rang. Although the day isn't completely silent, I hear myself tapping away at the keys, the sound of basketballs bouncing on the pavement right outside my window, kids running around and riding bikes in the neighborhood, but I haven't heard my own voice in a while. It's quite refreshing, to give those muscles a break, and to be with your thoughts and enjoy the sounds coming from other places and spaces.
Give it a try...enjoy your Saturday and most importantly enjoy your Sabbath tomorrow.
See you all on Monday!

Blessings be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment