Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Get me to the Greek!

No, not the movie! But, that does sound like a good date nite for my hubby and I. Jason is in his last week of Summer Greek and doing so well. This family is truly proud of him. Seminary experience so far has been a blessing!! Our kids have blossomed in the 2 months we have been here. Lily has become even more independent (if you can believe that), but with her independence she has become respectful! When we got here, she was so excited to have new friends that she would follow the older kids everywhere. Of course, this made me ultra stressed, not being able to see her in the front yard made my heart drop. We had many talks about her coming to me or Jason and asking permission to go up the hill to the sandbox, or the playground, or someone's home. It took a while, but she has caught on to the new "rules" of playing with friends and I am very proud of her.
In fact, just yesterday Lily was playing with sidewalk chalk in front of our house. all her little friends stopped by to paint beautiful works of art on our walkway. They all decided to go to the playground, which is slightly within eyesight of our house, I was chatting with a neighbor with Isaac in my hands. I saw Lily run up the street with her friends and thought, "I'm not going to yell at her to come home and ask for permission, let's see what she does...or, let's see what priveledge gets taken away when she gets back for disobeying the rules" (It was a long thought, considering I was chatting with my friend)
Wouldn't you know, that sweet little princess stopped mid run, turned around, ran back to the house and asked if she can go to the playground? AMAZING~ Thank you Lord!! She listened!! I'm so proud of her.
As for Isaac...this little guy amazes me everyday. He is growing so fast! He now has one tooth that he loves to show when he's smiling so big. Isaac has begun to eat more solids. Two of his feeding are solids, he usually eats fruit and oatmeal for breakfast and then has a veggie (sometimes w/rice) for dinner. In between is milk...AND after each solid feeding he gets super watered down juice.
Isaac's personality is so loving, he smiles and cuddles and is such a sweet boy. We graduated his bath seat to one that he gets to sit in like a big boy. He enjoyed it very much last night, although he is still a bit wobbly, I think he liked being able to reach forward to grab bath toys and bubbles floating in the water.
I'm thinking about switching his diapers over to cloth. It will be a little more work and laundry (but I'm doing that anyways) and will save us a ton of money, now that we are "starving seminarians". We actually aren't starving, but you get what I'm trying to say. With a family out of work and surviving off of financial aid and student loans, plus amazing gifts from church/friends. We have to be very selective on how our finances are used. It's a learning process. This whole time, we have trusted the God will provide...He has so far.
Speaking of work, Jason has landed a job as a DJ on a country station, once a week for a few hours. Once the Fall semester starts, he will be on work study for a few hours a week. This will help out as well, and yours truly..has set up a massage room in the basement and has even made a "Wartburg rate" for faculty and students.
Life is great and we are making the best of this experience, we are truly happy!
Thank be to God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment